Sewer Line InspectionServing San Jose and the Bay Area for more than 10+ years in sewer line inspection & water line inspection.
Get a Sewer Line Inspection Video for all Your Piping Needs... For Free!
Freedom is a professional plumbing company that does sewer line inspection videos in San Jose, Sunnyvale, Los Altos, Mountain View, Santa Clara, Los Gatos, Saratoga, and Palo Alto. This service plays an important part for installations of new sewer lines, water lines and conduit lines and are required by some city ordinances.
For real estate agents, a sewer line inspection plays an important part in many cities. Since they are starting to ask for the sewer lateral condition. Not all cities require a water line inspection, however as a potential buyer of a property it is strongly recommended to have the sewer lateral video and inspection completed by a license contractor.
A sewer line inspection, by video, would not only check the condition of the pipe, but also identify the type of pipe. Along with many other possible issues that can occur. Such as shifting of the ground, damage due to home renovation and possible hazards (i.e. undiscovered past earthquake damage).
When is a Sewer Line Inspection or Water Line Inspection needed?
- When adding a bathroom to a remodel, sewer line inspection would help you understand if the current pipes can handle the increased needs.
- When there is a blockage in the pipes that can not be fixed by plunging, drain cleaners, or sewer or drain augering.
Can Video Water Line Inspections be done by a home owner?
- Video cameras designed for sewer line inspection and water line inspection are very expensive. Sometimes costing up to $15,000. This specialized piece of equipment has powerful lights, self righting and high resolution with recording capabilities. Also, these cameras have transmitters at the end which help with the location of blockage points.
How far does the video sewer line inspection or water line inspection scope go?
- The distance can reach from the main line in your house to the city municipal branch line. Maximum distance of the video camera line is about 330 feet.
What do you expect to see in a Video Sewer Line Inspection?
- Walk through from the tap down through the sewer line and up to through any obstructions.
- If the camera is able to push through the blocked pipe, you may see the connection to the main municipal line.
“Like Us” on Facebook and learn what is going on with Freedom Underground Plumbing. Click Here!