Trenchless Sewer, Water and Electrical Conduit Installation
What Is Trenchless Sewer, Water and Electric Installation and Repair In San Jose?
When replacing your sewer, water (in take) and electrical service lines to your home, apartment building, ADU, etc. from public utilities and/or your septic system, it is important to understand the different methods of installation. An “Open Trench” means we dig out a trench for pipe installation. Open trenches are as they sound, an open trench. While we employ specific machines and tools to effectively dig trenches, it is an inherently time-consuming process with more disruption to the landscape. “Trenchless” or “Trenchfree” is our preferred method which we recommend whenever possible. Trenchless is the modern solution to plumbing and pipe repair. Rather than open a trench for the entire pipe length, we can dig holes in specific locations and “shoot” a pipe between them. With our specialized equipment and expertise, using techniques such as directional drilling and pneumatic boring, Trenchless is a less invasive solution with less excavation work than traditional open trench pipe repair.
Benefits Of San Jose Trenchless Sewer Replacement And Repair
- It’s faster – compared to traditional methods where it can usually take several days or even weeks, trenchless pipe repairs can usually get the job done in one to three days.
- Minimally invasive – as sewer pipes are usually quite far underground, many repairs can require major excavation work and sometimes, destruction of property. Trenchless services keep this to a minimum.
- Minimal post repair costs – because of the destruction, there can often be further costs on top of the repair jobs in order to get your home back to normal. Trenchless methods can often be completed by digging small pits outside that allow just enough access to get the job done without the extra stress.
- Designed to last – By using pipe bursting instead of metal or plastic, they can last up to fifty years and then some.
- Cost effective – taking all the other benefits into consideration, trenchless pipe repairs are extremely cost effective. The lack of disruption, longevity and quickness are all included in the reasons as to why it is one of the best options for your money.
While Trenchless is usually the ideal solution, in some cases, such as when we must cross existing pipe lines, we will do open trenching.
For more information, call (408) 693-6018
Traditional San Jose Sewer Replacement VS Pipe Bursting
So many customers have asked why not use traditional San Jose sewer replacement technologies instead of pipe bursting? The answer is simple. Our plumbers have to tear up your yard to access the line. With bursting and trenchless technology, we only have to dig two small access holes. Moreover, a traditional replacement can take several weeks to over a month to complete. With bursting technology, we can replace a section of sewer line in as little as a single day!