San Jose Area Sewer, Septic System and Pipe Inspection Services
What is a sewer, water, or septic inspection?
Freedom Underground will use a pipe inspection camera to remotely inspect the inside of a pipe or septic system. Typically, we will talk through what we see with the property owner as we do the inspection. A video will be captured and can be provided along with a written report when requested. The inspection will reveal the cause of a clog and the condition of your pipe.
Our inspection equipment also has a locater feature that allows us to determine the location of the camera while in the pipe. This tells us specifically where the pipe is.
When should I get a sewer pipe inspection?
- When purchasing a new home
- When adding a bathroom or a major remodeling of the home
- Adding an ADU
- When you are experiencing drainage problems such as clogs or blockages
- The presence of unwanted odors without an obvious cause
- Unexplained pooling of water under the house or on the landscape of the property
- Your pipes are old and you are worried they will fail
When should I get a septic system inspection?
- When purchasing a home with a septic system*
- When adding a bathroom or a major remodel of the home
- Adding an ADU
- The US EPA recommends having your septic system inspected every 1 to 3 years
- When you are already planning to have your septic system pumped. An inspection needs to have the system pumped anyways so do your inspection right after you have it pumped is an ideal time.
- You experience slow drainage and/or frequent water or sewage backups in toilets, drains, and sinks
- You notice odors, standing water, or damp spots near the septic tank or drain field (aka Leach Field)
* A septic system inspection is a valuable service if you are buying a home with a septic system. This is especially important if that system is not new. Septic systems will last many years but overuse, earthquakes, putting anything down the drain that is not human waste or toilet paper can shorten its lifespan. It is in your best interest to have a septic system you are purchasing inspected, so you know what the condition of that system is. Replacing a failing septic system is an expensive project.
How much do sewer or septic system inspections cost?
Freedom Underground charges $375 for the first hour and $175 for additional hours if needed. If the inspection leads to a larger project, we will typically credit the inspection costs to the overall project. Reminder for septic system owners, we need the tank pumped before we can do the inspection.