San Jose Area Trenchless Sewer and Water Pipe Repair and Replacement
What Is Trenchless Sewer and Water Pipe Repair in the San Jose Area?
“Trenchless” installation of pipes reduces the need to dig up the landscape and is preferable to digging an open trench for the entire pipe run. Trenchless means that we only dig holes at specific points where we need to make connections and then use an appropriate tool and method to drill a tunnel for our pipe.
Using techniques such as directional drilling, pneumatic boring, and pipe bursting trenchless repair is a minimally invasive solution with less excavation work than an open trench pipe repair.
Benefits Of San Jose Area Trenchless Sewer and Water Pipe Replacement And Repair
- It’s faster – compared to traditional methods where it can usually take several days or even weeks, trenchless pipe repairs can usually get the job done in one to three days.
- Minimally invasive – as sewer pipes are underground, repairs require major excavation work and sometimes, destruction of property. Trenchless services keep this to a minimum.
- Minimal post repair costs – because of the destruction, there can often be further costs on top of the repair jobs in order to get your home back to normal. Trenchless methods can often be completed by digging small pits outside that allow just enough access to get the job done without the extra stress.
- Designed to last – By using pipe bursting instead of metal or plastic, they can last up to fifty years and then some.
- Cost effective – taking all the other benefits into consideration, trenchless pipe repairs are extremely cost effective. The lack of disruption, longevity and quickness are all included in the reasons as to why it is one of the best options for your money.
While we always opt to do trenchless when we can, there are situations that require open trench such as when there is risk of hitting existing pipes. When we evaluate a project for you, we will provide you with the best technique and price for your specific project.
For our San Jose City customers, if you need to replace a sewer line, San Jose runs a grant program that can help. See our San Jose Grant post for a link to the program site.
To get more information about Trenchless Sewer and Water or to schedule an estimate for your project, call (408) 693-6018 or fill out our contact form.
Below is an example of a Trenchless method, Directional Drilling for a water line. You can see how we minimize the need to disrupt the concrete surface of this parking lot.