Home Owner Advice: Why Choose an A-Licensed General Engineering Contractor

Why choose an A-General Engineering Contractor for your project?
CSLB logo

While you can be a plumber with a C36 License (which we also have), a C36 License in California does not authorize you to work on public works such as sidewalk or connection to utilities in the street. An A-Licensed General Engineering Contractor such as Freedom Underground Plumbing, has the expertise and tools to work not only on your property but also out into the public works such as the sidewalks, street, and connections to public utilities.

In California, there are three classes of contractor licenses, A, B and C. The Class C License is a trade-specific license. As an example, Freedom Underground holds a C36 Plumbing License in addition to our A-General Engineering. General contractors will usually hold a Class B license which enables them to work on structures that enclose or shelter people, animals, and other property. An A-Licensed Contractor classification necessitates specialized engineering knowledge or skills and allows us to touch public works.

As an A-General Engineering and C36 Licensed Plumber, we specialize in:

  • Irrigation
  • Drainage
  • Streets / Roads
  • Sewers
  • Pipelines
  • Excavating
  • Grading
  • Trenching
  • Paving
  • Surfacing Work

Related Posts